Tuesday, September 11, 2012

31 Day Challenge 2.0 Day 11

Posted by Starlett Approved at 3:26 PM
Hey guys!! It's Day 11, the first day of the Pattern themes.  Todays theme is the ever classic Polka Dots.  I don't do a lot polka dot nails, for some reason I'm not that great at it haha.  Crazy I know, but I always seem to mess something up.  With these nails I think I did pretty good.  Maybe it's because I didn't do a basic polka dot design.  I did strawberries, or strawboobies as my son would call them lol.
These were inspired by my kitchen hand towel.  Everytime I would have it in the kitchen I think 'Oh it's so pretty I should put them on my nails' and I finally did.  I love how they came out, super ca-yute! 
Here I am again using my favorite colors Black and White haha.  Maybe that's why I have so many Untrieds smh.  Well you would be proud of me, this was my first time using the yellow base color.  It's Milani Yellow Whiz, the fast dry one coat formula polish.  I don't know what I did wrong but I needed 2 coats :(. Either 1 coat or 2 coats it's still a gorgeous yellow creme and now 1 of my FAVORITE yellow polishes!
For the strawberries I used a black striper, New York Color French White Tip, which I should retire to my stamping polish pile, and New York Color Sidewalkers.  I'm going to put these nails on my tutorials to do list.  I really enjoyed doing the Watercolor Rainbow Roses picture tutorial.  So I definitely plan on doing more for you guys.

Polishes Used:
  • Milani Yellow Whiz
  • New York Color French White Tip
  • New York Color Sidewalkers
  • Absolute! Nail Art Paint Black
Thanks For Stopping By XOXO

2 comments:

Whitney at Dressed Up Nails on September 11, 2012 at 3:31 PM said...

these are supah cute and I love that your son calls them strawboobies haha!

Starlett Approved on September 11, 2012 at 4:07 PM said...

Thanks Whitney :) he's too cute! Kills me with how he says things

Post a Comment

 

Starlett Approved Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos