Sunday, September 2, 2012

31 Day Challenge 2.0 Day 2

Posted by Starlett Approved at 2:36 PM
It's insane how many ladies are doing the challenge right now..I love it!!!  The more the merrier right? The theme for today's challenge is Orange.  I didn't have a hard time figuring out what design to do today.  Being that I already planned to do Coral nails inspired by Sarah of Chalkboard Nails

This is a very simple and pretty design and who doesn't like coral? Maybe jellyfish, did you know some coral eat jellyfish?  Insane! I learned that from The Octonauts lol.  

Originally I was going to do it pretty identical to Sarahs design but I wanted more coral on each nail. Coral like to roll in packs and I wanted to convey that in my design. By using a light and dark shade of orange I was able to.

First I painted the light colored coral and then the darker one close enough to touch just a little.  Doing it this way gave the design depth.  The light coral looks like it's behind the dark coral but they are right next to each other ;) Check me out being all artsy haha!
My only regret with these nails was not adding glitter. Sparkle makes EVERYTHING better lol.  I'll definitely do this design again in the future and I won't forget the glitter.

Polishes Used:
  • New York Color Mulberry Street
  • Wet n Wild Sunny Side Up
  • Sinful Colors Nail Art Orange Alert

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Starlett Approved Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos