Friday, September 21, 2012

31 Day Challenge 2.0 Day 21

Posted by Starlett Approved at 3:18 PM
Happy Friday!!! Any big plans this weekend? Me? Nothing big, but I do have a date with 2 of my favorite chicas tonight.  Looking forward to seeing them.  Before I get into todays nails I guess I have a little disclaimer/warning, I don't know what to call it haha. 
Any woot, at this present time they are doing construction on the outside of my building.  It's been going on since probably June.  There is scaffolding around the whole building, I'm on the first floor :(.  That being said my natural lighting for my photos has been murdered.  Sometimes I'm able to get enough light but today not so much.  They started blocking my windows with boards during the day.  I'm working on making a light box but for now I'm trying to make my in house lighting work for me.  Please let me know if you feel the photos suck lol and what you think I should do, thank you in advance ;). Now back to our regularly scheduled program.
Lets talk about todays theme.  It's the first of the Inspired By themes of the challenge and it's A Color.  I was just as annoyed/confused by this one as I was last year.  Last year I stole Sarah of Chalkboard Nails idea of being inspired by the name of a nail polish color.  For example I chose Maybelline Autumn Leaves so I drew leaves, SEE! :) Wasn't feeling doing that again.  I decided to pick a color that wasn't a part of the Color Themes and go with what that color makes me think of.
I chose the color pink and the first thing I thought of was Uniqua.  She's a character from one of my sons favorite shows (I'm not going to lie I love the show too) The Backyardigans. 
I love the way they came out.  It was super easy to do.  I thought I was going to need tape.  I had it all set up but didn't bother.  I feel like tape just gives me more work haha.
I bet you're wondering how I did the big polka dots, huh? :) I just used the end of my clean up brush.  Anything can be a dotting tool.  Just don't clean it like one :/

Polishes Used:
  • Sinful Colors Dressed to Kill
  • Maybelline Posy Pink
Thanks For Stopping By


4 comments:

Unknown on September 21, 2012 at 6:17 PM said...

very cute! I love the large dots. Your pictures turned out great :)

Gracie Hart on September 29, 2012 at 12:09 AM said...

These look great! I might have to try something similar, although I don't think I can get it looking as good as yours.

Your nail art is amazing!

Starlett Approved on September 29, 2012 at 12:16 AM said...

Thank you Rhonda ;)

Starlett Approved on September 29, 2012 at 12:20 AM said...

Awwwww thank you beautiful. You should definitely try it!!! I know it'll come out looking gorgeous. Let me know if you do ;)

Post a Comment

 

Starlett Approved Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos