Monday, September 3, 2012

31 Day Challenge 2.0 Day 3

Posted by Starlett Approved at 12:05 PM
Today is Day 3 of the challenge and the theme is YELLOW.  When I decided to do the the challenge the first thing I did was grab my notepad and brainstorm.  Planning ahead is the only way you will survive this thing.  Unless you're one of those people that rock at winging it! 
My original idea for today was inspired by my sons toy but it felt too basic.  For this challenge I want to do designs that are new to me, simple and intricate.  

I wore these shoes on Saturday.  I probably had these for 4 years now and only worn them once before. Problems of a shoe addict haha.  Sure it took me a whole day later to think to myself, "I should do these for my yellow challenge".  I'm oldish, it takes a while for me lol.

I really love how they came out and it wasn't even hard.  A pain in the butt for me because I still suck at stamping and I have the first generation Bundle Monster plates. They can't even cover my pinky nail :( 

I started off by painting 2 coats of Sinful Colors Pull Over, my favorite yellow creme polish.  Waited for it to dry, then I sponged random black shapes and spots.  I gave my nails about 5 more minutes to dry before I started stamping.

Then my favorite part haha.  I love what you can do with stamping I'm just not that great at it :( I used image 1 on plate BM16. First I used New York Color Lexington Yellow but it was far too light and it was a bit sheer.  So I went over all my nails again stamping it with white nail polish.  

I'm completely in love with these nails.  I seriously can't stop staring at them.  Next time I do snake skin nails I'll try to remember I have a snake and use her skin after she sheds.  At least it'll cover my nail completely :)

Polishes Used:
  • Sinful Colors Pull Over
  • Wet n Wild Ebony Hates Chris
  • New York Color Lexington Yellow
  • New York Color French White Tip

Happy Labor Day Everyone!!! Thanks for stopping by it means a lot to me ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Starlett Approved Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos