Saturday, October 6, 2012

31 Day Challenge 2.0 Day 29

Posted by Starlett Approved at 3:16 PM
Kiss me, kiss me/Infect me with your love and/Fill me with your poison/Take me, take me/Wanna be a victim/Ready for abduction/Boy, you're an alien/Your touch so foreign/It's supernatural/Extraterrestrial
It's day 29 babies!! Happy Saturday, I'm feeling good today.  I went to bed early last night finally got some needed extra sleep.  I got my Milani Cosmetics Fall into Beauty prize in the mail this morning.  I finally have everything I need to work on my swatchicles. Uhhh and mama got a new post for you ;) woot woot. 
My Katy Perry lyrics introduction was a dead give away of my supernatural choice for this challenge...ALIENS!  These were very inspired by the marvelous Madeline Poole.  I saw her nails for American Apparel on Instagram and saw the answer to my, 'what the hell am I going to do for this dang supernatural challenge?' question.
They're so cute and imperfect lol, my little mean green men/women.  Sometimes painting your own nails can be a real b!|¢# haha.  I just couldn't angle my hand right.  So my aliens are a little wonky but still cute ;) and they glow in the dark!!!
OMG the easiest galaxy/nebulae nails I've ever done.  I only used 5 nail polishes and I love how they came out.  Wanna know what I did?  I started with 2 coats of New York Color Skin Tight Denim, a gorgeous midnight blue.  After I let that dry I used the saran wrap technique on a coat of Wet n Wild Black Creme (WAH!?!).  When that was dry I sponged some Wet n Wild French White Creme and Sinful Colors Why Not, finally topped it off with Wet n Wild Coloricon mini holo glitter.  Simple, easy and I love it!  By using the saran wrap technique on the base color it gave it this realistic depth.  I'm going to do this for all my galaxy nails!

Polishes Used:
  • Glow in the Dark Pumpkin Enamel Slime Green color
  • New York Color Skin Tight Denim
  • Wet n Wild Black Creme
  • Wet n Wild French White Creme
  • Sinful Colors Why Not
  • Wet n Wild coloricon mini Holographic Glitter
Thanks For Stopping By!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Starlett Approved Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos